8th Grade Seminar Update — Final One

Our final week of 8th Grade Seminar is upon us.  You all are amazing.  I’ve so appreciated getting to know each and every one of you — and I’m really going to miss you!  When this era is over (and it will end eventually), don’t be a stranger — come back and visit.  I am always available by email and I’m happy to help with book recommendations and whatnot long after the school year ends.
A few details for the final week of class.
1) The Closure Padlet is live.  There will be other items added (slideshow, etc.) so keep it handy.  If you haven’t had a chance to watch your peers’ goodbyes, do so.
2) Encouraged (but not required) — rent To Kill A Mockingbird movie.  We watched the first 40 minutes back in March.   Try to finish it if you can.
3) Required — 8th Grade Seminar Final.  Your final assignment is a choice.  You may choose any ONE of the following….
A) Join me at NOON on Monday, May 11th for a read-aloud of Malcolm Gladwell’s analysis of TKAM. This will be followed by a very short discussion.
OR
B) Write an abbreviated literary analysis and share it with me.
OR
C) Write an email to me comparing and contrasting the movie of TKAM with the Book.  What’s the same?  What’s different?
4) Final Class Party — See details below.
That’s it!  May 14th at 9am is the last day to turn in assignments.  No work will be accepted after that time.
Y’all are amazing.  I really think that even though this is really hard in the short-term, this is going to make you all even more amazing adults.
Sending you and your family the very best,  -JF
Ps.  Schedule FYI…
TUESDAY 5/5
Noon — 8th Grade Seminar Optional Daily Read-Aloud:  Google Meet Link.  Chapter 29
WEDNESDAY 5/6 at NOON — 8th Grade Seminar Optional Daily Read-Aloud:  Google Meet Link.  Chapter 30
9pm:  HOMEWORK: Email two thank you notes.  Task Description Link
THURSDAY 5/7
9am — HOMEWORK (Home Learning Survey #5 Due
Noon — 8th Grade Seminar Optional Daily Read-Aloud:  Google Meet Link.  Chapter 31 (The Final Chapter!)
MONDAY 5/11 at NOON — 8th Grade Seminar Daily Read-Aloud:  Google Meet Link.  Malcolm Gladwell’s Analysis and discussion. 
TUESDAY 5/12
10:00-10:20 — 8th Grade Seminar Block 1:  Google Meet Link.   FINAL CLASS PARTY.  Bring something for “show and tell” — can be a pet, can be ice cream, can be a new dance move, can be all of the above.
10:30-10:50 — 8th Grade Seminar Block 2: Google Meet Link.  FINAL CLASS PARTY.  Bring something for “show and tell” — can be a pet, can be ice cream, can be a new dance move, can be all of the above.
THURSDAY 5/14 @ 9am:  Last chance to turn in any work.  If you did not come to Monday’s Read-Aloud, your literary analysis or compare/contrast email is due at this time.  No work will be accepted after this time.
ALL SUMMER:  Read 30 minutes a day.  I’m always available for book recommendations.